Simple Way to Prepare Ultimate Southern skillet Cornbread
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Southern skillet Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern skillet Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern skillet Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for treats between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than refined grains present in white bread.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southern skillet cornbread recipe. To make southern skillet cornbread you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Get 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Prepare 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 2 tsp baking powder
- Take 1 tsp baking soda
- Take 2 tsp kosher salt
- Provide 2 large eggs
- Get 1 cup buttermilk
- Provide 1 can cream style corn
- Get 2 Jalapeños seeded and minced…..(optional)
- Take 8 tablespoons unsalted butter. (1 stick)
- Get 1/4 cup bacon grease (or additional butter)
Instructions to make Southern skillet Cornbread:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet on the center rack of the oven.
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, corn, eggs and jalapeños. Slowly whisk in the butter. Whisk the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture until just combined. Add the bacon grease to the hot cast iron skillet and swirl to make sure entire bottom of the skillet is coated. Pour the batter into the hot skillet, smoothing the top into an even layer.
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk
- . Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, slice into wedges and serve hot.
If you find this Southern skillet Cornbread recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.